Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Vermont hats (hats 3 of 100)

My latest finished project is the Vermont hat by Shannon M. Simonelli who blogs at Welcome to the Knitosphere.  This is a free pattern available free on her blog and as a ravelry download.   The pattern is so easy.  It's a color work hat that has full written directions, no charts. I can see this as a beginner pattern for first timers.  Its a good introduction to two color stranding.   It works up fast, has a good fit and uses worsted weight yarn so you can stash dive.

I knit two hats in a few days thanks to a snowy weekend here in Philadelphia.   Both used stashed Red Heart Supersaver.  The first is a blue and white scheme the second which is my favorite is a tan and teal color way.  The hats have a small rib band which I did on 7s and then switched to 9s for the hat body.  The top is a simple K2 decrease.  The hat fits snug with a small slouch.  This hat is cute and fun to knit.  It's a quick knit for advanced knitters  and good fo beginners wanting to try color work.

Project details:
Pattern: Vermont Hat or here on Ravelry
Yarn: Red Heart Supersaver
Needles: Size 7 and 9 (16 inch circulars)
What I liked about this pattern: Easy to follow pattern, fast knit, good hat fit, color work kept my interest.  I didn't miss a chart at all.
Here is my project on Ravelry

No comments:

Post a Comment

How about a classy comment?