Friday, November 24, 2006

The Ashley Scarf (A Knit and Crochet pattern)

Materials
2 skeins of KnitPicks Essentials or number 1 fingering
Size 5 needles
F size crochet hook

This pattern is a knitted trinity stitch or bramble stitch scarf bordered by a three row crochet ruffle. I used one entire skein for the scarf binding off when I was near the end. I used nearly the entire second skein for the border. I created this pattern from my co-worker Ashley hence the name. Enjoy!

Scarf
Cast on 40 stitches.
Row 1 Purl
Row 2 (K P K) in the same stitch. P3tog repeat across
Row 3 Purl
Row 4 P3tog (K P K) repeat across

Continue until desired length or end of skein. Bind off in a purl row

Border
Row 1 Single Crochet around the entire scarf
Row 2 3 Dc ch 1 repeat to end
Row 3 (always in the chain space) 2 sc, 2 dc, 2 sc repeat to end

This should create a ruffle. Note that row three has no chains. Your border will look like this:

1 comment:

How about a classy comment?