Sunday, February 04, 2007

Replacement scarf and headband

Remember the Irish Yarn scarves that I made for Jazzy and myself? Well tragedy ensued and she lost her scarf in Wal-Mart. She cried and we tried to find the yarn on the internet with no luck. I guess what happens in Ireland stays in Ireland. So we went for a girl’s lunch and a trip to the yarn store! She picked out a fabulous new yarn. I used 2 skeins of Paton’s Twister in Fruit Loops and my handy size 11 bamboos. It is a twisted yarn of one strand of hot pink colored chenille and one strand of a variegated eyelash. The scarf and headband is just knit stitch. The set both took about 3 hours. She likes to wear the scarf as a belt and say look at my pretty belt.



We had enough left over to make a leash and collar for Princess. Nate took one look at it and said "That's hot" That boy has his finger on the pulse of pop culture for sure.


Oh and I got these bad boys! The Needlemaster, that is the needle set and a perfect way to describe me. I just got tired of rigging up my too big circulars to knit smaller things. http://www.wrights.com/products/catalog/boyeline/knitmates_accs.htm I am testing them on a new scarf for myself to match my new winter coat.

So far so good. I didn't have any issues with them twisting off but I am paranoid and twist them up each time I take them out of the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How about a classy comment?