Sunday, October 07, 2007

Purple Aran you are done!

Ah how can I think about knit wear when it is October and 85 degrees in Philly? Alas behold the purple aran vest! Totally finished and I must say pretty snazzy. This vest was my complex project to date. I loved the all over cableing and did learn much about keeping multiple line cable patterns straight. I actually finished the vest months ago but was having some trouble figuring out how to pick up stitches around the arm holes. The key is having the correct sized circular. Lucky me I had the needlemaster! All hail the needlemaster.

I can't say it enough people. Get some stitch markers, get the closed ring kind, and make sure they are not too big. Use them and your stitch counter! I got some great button, not too Irishy and I think they look really good with purple. (Oh how I wish it was not acrylic but maybe when grad school is over) More about the progress can be found by selecting the purple aran vest links.
School is going well. I am taking two classes this quarter one on library automation and the other on internet information resource design. Loving the web design class. My first project a knitting website of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How about a classy comment?