Sunday, February 22, 2009

I know I usually call them bitches.

Let's start this post by saying this turned out better than I thought it would. I am talking about both the shawl and the posting. Every time I post I get so frustrated with blogger and how the images show up. I write up my post and add the images. They end up at the top instead of the bottom with all this extra spacing. It is annoying and I always say I will do something about it and I don't. This time I added the photos first. So far so good. I guess I need to figure out something more long term.

I finished my shetland triangle and love it! I used Paton's Lacette which is an acrylic and mohair blend. I had my doubts about the blocking but it seems to turn out lovely. Before blocking the shawl had a puckered look and now it is fuzzy and flat oh boy! So I used one and one third balls of yarn which brings my grand total for the shawl to 1.50! Hurray for dollar store yarn. The only thing it is hit or miss on the quality and colors. I was lucky I guess. So to sum it up I know that i usually call my big projects bitches but this one was easy. I expect double trouble on the next one! I have no idea whath the big project will be yet. I have some ideas but nothing is screaming at me. So for now I am going to do some preemptive knitting for my earth day swap on Ravelry.

Sister and I have decided to take the kids to Disney (yes I said it) for Jazzy's 6th birthday. We booked a trip for Novemeber so I am on a self imposed stash only knitting diet. I did score a sweaters worth of yellow worsted yarn from mom and have some good stuff in the mix so it really isn't a punishment. I have no intention of telling the boss that though. Let him think I am sacrificing for the sake of the kids!

Shetland Lace Triangle I was wrong you were not destined to be the new Big Ivy. You are lovely and thrifty!




No comments:

Post a Comment

How about a classy comment?