Friday, April 10, 2009

Hey Ladies!

I finished my February Lady and I love it. I am so happy with this sweater. I actually wore this sweater to work this week and actually kept it on all day. When people commented on it I said thank you and did not point out any of the things I thought were wrong with it. I actually wore a sweater that I knit for myself! The pattern is so easy to follow and I love the results. I even like the color.

I spent the week knitting and sewing bunny nuggets for easter gifts. The pattern is fun and I was able to stash dive for all the weird odd ball leftovers to make bunnies. Photos to follow for sure. But for now oogle my sweater. Totally unrelated but I decided my new signature curse word will now be "For Fucks Sake" I heard it when I watched Happy Go Lucky with the boss. He doesn't like it but I do so I say for fucks sake boss its my new signature curse word at least for this week.


Pssst. Still here? Gotta tell you this; sister (and cousin) and I got tickets for the Martha show! When you ask oh only on earth day how crazy is that?

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, beautiful sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calling all knitters!

    Help create a message of peace that would make your mama proud and decorate the White House from home by knitting pink and green squares for our giant creative "cozy"!

    CODEPINK Women for Peace is creating a beautiful, quilted cozy to cover the fence in front of the White House to honor Mother's Day, a day intended for women to gather to end war (not a Hallmark invention!).

    The 150-foot knitted cozy will read “We will not raise our children to kill another mother’s child,” inspired by Julia Ward Howe’s Mother’s Day Proclamation. We’ll be piecing it together from individual squares knitted by YOU as part of our 24-hour Mother’s Day vigil for Women who Live in War Zones, May 9-10 in DC.
    You don’t have to be an experienced knitter to help! This is perfect for knitters of all skill levels—and a great opportunity for those who want to learn! Celebrate the time-honored tradition and radical act of knitting!

    check out details at www.codepinkalert.org/mothersday

    DIY White House Cozy Instructions

    Goal: Create 4” x 4” squares, as tightly knit as you can make them, with the stitch of your choice, and send to DC!

    What you’ll need:

    ** Yarn in a fabulous shade of pink or dark green (for the letters). Note: We will need a ratio of about 5 pink squares to 1 green square to spell out the message.

    ** Knitting needles

    ** Your friends, a living room, and some great pearling beats for a knitting party in PINK… or knit solo on your way to work, at meetings, and in your quiet time!

    It’s as easy as 1-2-3!

    1) Please take 1 minute to send us a quick email to tell us how many squares you plan to make and in what colors. We need to know in order to make sure we have enough to spell out our message. Email Janna at codepinkcozy@gmail.com

    2) Knit as many squares as you feel inspired to create. Sew your love, passion and desire for no more war into your squares. You’re invited to safety pin your name and city to each square—we hope to be able to show you where your square(s) are in the finished quilt!

    3) Send your knitted creations to:

    CODEPINK House, 712 5th Street NE, Washington, D.C. 20002

    We need all pieces by May 4th so get out your needles gals (and guys)!

    Take part in the radical act of knittivism (knitting + activism = knittivism!) in honor of women around the world!

    Pssst… pass this invite on to fellow knitters. Our dream is to receive squares from thousands of women all across America (and the world)!
    Complete PINK knitting project online at: www.codepinkalert.org/cozy

    For info about joining us at our DC vigil, check out: www.codepinkalert.org/mothersday

    How-to-knit instructions here (just in case!): http://www.learntoknit.com/instructions_kn.php3

    Got questions or creative ideas? Connect with us at codepinkcozy@gmail.com

    Celebrate life! End war!

    Peace,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete

How about a classy comment?