Sunday, August 31, 2008

We call them teenagers

Today was back to school shopping. N8 and I spent the entire day shopping for clothes, shoes and school supplies. I remember when all he needed was his Dragon ball Z lunch box to be happy to go back to school. Now he wants things and has preferences that I don't even know about. When did he stop wearing jeans or only write with black pens? He also doesn't wear things with skulls on them unless they are ironic and doesn't mind have purple folders.
Here is a hat I made for him from Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light in a green and orange. These skulls are cool because it looks like a Norwegian fisherman's hat and is not in goth colors. Oh my baby I remember when he went off to first grade in his explorer shorts and dinosaur backpack. Back to school is weird to me this year. It is the first time since 2004 that I am not taking a class. Oh I guess that leaves me more time to knit hats that have ironic skulls on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How about a classy comment?