Sunday, August 17, 2008

White Winter Hymnal

I am totally in love with the new Fleet Foxes album. The one song is called White Winter Hymnal and it mentions red scarves. I want to knit a red scarf but I can't since I am scorching the earth with my lightening fast speed knitting for the Ravelympics. I am working on two projects.

The first is 90 percent finished and is the Nordic Lights wraps slash poncho slash caplet slash who knows from Wrap style. We will have to wait and see on that one. The second is driving me bonkers because it is so simple yet I can't get the hang of it. It is the Big Ivy Scarf from the cover of Knitscene. Why are you tormenting me? Did I not spend 40 bucks on Cascade 220 to knit you instead of cheap ole acrylic?

To continue with my staycation FO marathon I present three new scarves. The Quivit Scarf from IK, The Elven Scarf from my brain and a rainbow triangle scarf knit with my recycled sari yarn from the XPN festival!

The Quivit Scarf is a nice lace scarf I made with a merino lace weight from Knitpicks, it was fun but got boring in the middle. Blocking really brings out the snazzy ness of the border.

The Elven scarf is knit using the Elven Lace stitch in the awesome citrus inspired Jackie hand dye! Love it and in a weird way it is almost like we did a project together. The triangle is a simple garter triangle with YO increases. I like this yarn Sister says it looks hippie-ish so that means I love it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How about a classy comment?