Sunday, April 19, 2009

Deep thoughts for earth day


I am really happy that people are spending more time thinking about the environment and preserving our natural resources. I am also happy that people are thinking about living more simply, saving money and using less. All little steps that can make a big difference in your own life and the life of the planet. I know I try to be more aware of what I do and the impact it makes in my world and yours. When I was little we were taught to try to leave things a little better than the way we found it. I still try to live this way. When we go to the park we pick up some trash small stuff like that. I like to think that it makes a difference.

In 2008 I decided that I would stop making a personal new years resolution and make one to improve my life and the earth at the same time. My resolution that year was to reduce the use of paper and plastic products for lunch. I took a set of silverware, a new cup, and my own placemat and cloth napkin to work. I also tried to reduce my use of plastic wrap by reusing as much as I could. I still do that at work and encourage others to do the same. In 2009 I decided to go plastic bag free. N8 bought me three reusable rip stop nylon bags that fold into small pouches. I am proud of all my plastic bag free shopping trips. I also try to give out totes and pouches to people when I give them stuff so that they can reuse them. The thing is do what you can no matter how small to improve your life and the others. It is common courtesy and will clean up the earth and spread some good karma and really aren’t both things wonderful?

Check out how much the princess loves her bunny nugget and a squirrel snapped from the new second story porch!

Oh and one thing that make recycling fun is my hands free recycling bin. Thanks Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How about a classy comment?