Monday, December 28, 2009

Winter break It's time to recharge.


I haven’t be AWOL, I have been on vacation. I usually take the last two weeks off for a winter break. I started doing it when Nate was little and he needed me to be home for him during the break. Now I just veg out and relax. Not really doing much of anything. The boss and I went to see Avatar in 3D which was weird and cool.

Here is my to do list for the vacation
1. Watch lots of T.V. I finished the latest seasons of Dexter and Weeds.
2. Sew tons of patchwork coasters and foist them on my family
3. Spend time with Nate playing video games. We brought out the N64 for some Pokemon Snap
4. Spend way too much time on Ravelry and Facebook
5. Work on a project for myself!
6. Finish up The House of Mirth and An American Tragedy.
7. Watch all my Netflix’s as soon as they arrive.



After three last minute Christmas projects I started my winter break project. I am working on Berroco’s Nimbus. I am using up the Bernat Soft Boucle that I got a while back. And it is super quick on size 11 needles. Up next my knitting new year resolutions and some things I want to work on.
Inga Hat (rav link)

Button Hat (rav link)

Nimbus (rav link) Berroco link (it’s a freebie)




Photos:  Close up of the Inga Hat, Birds roosting during the big storm, and Kitty chilling near my project bag.  I sewed it out of a fabric called Kittens with Mittens.  Have a good New Year's Eve.

1 comment:

  1. I have made that button hat before here's my link - http://itsjustme-wendy.blogspot.com/2009/10/read-thon.html
    scroll down there are pictures.
    The only problem with the pattern(unless your pattern is already tweaked) I needed to add alot of extra rows before decreasing for the top or the hat would have been very short. So be careful of that.

    Very cute kitty and GOOD for you!!!! taking time off!

    ReplyDelete

How about a classy comment?