Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Let's begin again

Happy new year everyone.  It's cold here in Philadelphia and everything looks worked over but its a new beginning,  a fresh slate, so let's alk do our best to be our best.

The first hat for the new year is the Belugah Slouch hat designed by Kelly McClure of Bohoknits.  This is the hat pattern I fell in love with in December and I ended up making four of them.  Let me tell you but I like about this pattern. It's well written easy to follow instructions,  it knits up super fast and it uses worsted weight yarn.  Basically the hat consists of a band of ribbing on smaller needles followed bu a two line repeat pattern done in the round on larger needles.  The pattern isa knit and purl repeat that creates a vertical stripe pattern.  The pattern comes in a slouch or beanie variation.  I made all of mine with the pom pom because face it pom poms are just cute and fun.

My hat the one I kept is made from some vintage wool I had in the stash but the other three were my trusty RHSS.

Project details:
Needles: sized 6 and 9
Yarn: Worsted weight
Pattern: ravelry, Bohoknits
What I liked: fast, good instructions,  modern trendy styling, good tv watching knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How about a classy comment?