Saturday, January 04, 2014

The Inge Hat (hat 2 of 100)

Can I be in love with a hat?  I think so and it's this one. I love everything about this hat.  The pattern, the color, the fit, and the yarn.  It is just perfect.  I have to say that there is something about wool that I love, I honestly think it is the blocking magic that you only get from wool.  It transforms the project.  From a bumpy wet lump to a smooth shiny hat that cups you head in a way that acrylic can't.   Don't worry RHSS I still love you.

The Inge hat is a free pattern from Théonie Poilderat that I found on Ravelry.   The pattern is in French but don't let that stop you its pretty simple to translate and if you want you can do what I did.  I made a simple folded brim using the main color. I just cast on 112 stitches in the main color and knit 6 rows I then did 1 row of purls.  After that I just followed the chart.

When I was finished I just washed and blocked the hat until it was nearly dry. I folded the brim at the purl row and sewed it using matching yarn.  When it was done i soft blocked it until it was fully dry. I like to sew my brims when it is still damp so I can smooth out the brim and let it dry completely. That way I never get a bell-shaped brim.

Project details
Pattern: Inge hat only on Ravelry but its free
Yarn: Wool of the Andes and Paton classic wool
Needles: size 6 circulars and double points
What I love is easy style, chart, fit, easy of knit.
Check out my project page on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How about a classy comment?